We can all be difficult sometimes but there are those who repeatedly behave in a way we find difficult to cope with.
It is more likely that this happens at work, but home and social life can present challenges too. This Class covers both situations.
With unique insights and examples drawn from the presenter's 30-year career, you'll learn proven tactics for getting out from under and taking back control, even with persistent relationship difficulties.
What makes people 'difficult'
How labelling can go against you
What goes wrong – Common traps we fall into
The 5 guiding principles of managing difficult behaviour
Our typical responses (that don't work)
Focus on the behaviour, not the person
Protect dignity and self-respect of both parties
How to keep your cool
What you can change, and what you can't
Invaluable tips and tactics for managing difficult behaviour.
This class will help you to:
Become more confident in the face of ‘difficult’ behaviour
Get better results from uncooperative ‘others’
Understand how to improve your relationship skills
Persuade or influence rather than confront
Work with others you find difficult.
Upgrade your skills
Any time you want to change somebody else’s behaviour it is useful to remember that it is the behaviour, not the person, that you are hoping to change. This class shows you how.
- 1. Welcome – What You Can Expect from the Class (3:30)
- 2. What is Meant by Difficult? (2:34)
- 3. Our Typical Responses to Difficult Behaviour (4:16)
- 4. Guiding (and Surprising) Ideas (4:39)
- 5. When Something Needs to Change (6:20)
- 6. Practical and Proven Tactics (6:32)
- 7. Closing – Important Ideas (6:10)
- Quiz – Test Your Understanding
- Bonus Resources - Downloads and Video links
These courses relate to the webinar topic you have chosen.